Wednesday, May 28, 2014

Morning in Washington

Morning in Washington
Oil on panel, 12x9
Washington Sunrise Paint Out
Augusta Plein Air Festival
This painting was started around 10:00 in the morning, instead of the sunrise start time.  I had been over at Mount Pleasant Winery for the 5:00am broadcast on Fox 2 News in St. Louis, so could not be in two places at once.  Some paintings just roll off the brush, but this one certainly did not.  As I look at it now, I still think it needs work, but I'm not sure which direction to take it.  Perhaps stronger color in the water?  Darker towards the lower edge?  Maybe changing up the foreground tree foliage, it seems too near the grass?  I am posting this tonight because it is late, and I haven't taken images of my latest Stems work.  I was hoping to get home in time - but I did not.  Another late ball game - and another win!  Painting number 513 in as many days :)

No comments:

Post a Comment