Tuesday, May 6, 2014

Nightfall at Kate's Coffee

Nightfall at Kate's Coffee
Oil on panel, 12x9
Nocturne Paint-Out
Augusta Plein Air Festival
This cute little coffee shop in old town Augusta was the place to go for great drinks and food!  The nocturne paint-out was a new addition to this year's event - and it was super fun!  It was a quick paint - under 2 hours to pick your spot and get that panel covered!  I loved how the light spread out from the windows and lamplights at the door.  I had a pretty cushy spot, sheltered from the wind by an outbuilding - and the light just over my shoulder from the same building was enough to paint by.  This was a complicated drawing for a quick paint - but once again - I threw caution to the wind and painted where my heart lead me!  Painting number 490 in 490 days - only 10 more days to 500 in a row!

No comments:

Post a Comment