Sunday, May 18, 2014

Path into the Garden

Path into the Garden
Oil on panel, 14x11
Sunset Paint - STEMS
Overland Park Arboretum
The kick-off for the STEMS event was tonight at the Overland Park Arboretum for a 2 hour quick paint.  This is the southern side of Monet's Garden - and all of the blooms called me to paint them!  The evening was cool, and the skies overcast - which saturated the colors in the landscape.  Using impressionistic strokes, I have loosely painted the foreground, with more attention given to the middle ground garden.  I am posting rather late tonight, since I went directly from the paint-out to one of my high school friend's birthday party!  There are just not enough hours in the day for all I want to accomplish!  This painting makes 501 in 501 days - and just the beginning of two weeks of the STEMS Plein Air Event :)

1 comment:

  1. Oh Wow! Your work is awesome! Beautiful colors and brushwork!

    ReplyDelete